Privacy Notice Regarding Glassdoor & Fishbowl Platforms and Accounts
This privacy notice (the “Notice”) is incorporated by reference into and should be read in conjunction with the Glassdoor and Fishbowl platforms’ respective privacy policies (the “Privacy Policies”). Any information about our privacy and data practices not described in this Notice is contained in the Privacy Policies. The terms “we,” and “us,” mean Glassdoor, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
Information We Process Across the Platforms
“Content” means any work of authorship or information, including salaries, photos, logos, advertisements, comments, opinions, postings, resumes, messages, text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, e-mail, data, audio, video, or other materials you find on each platform.
Depending on how we offer our services and how you engage with and utilize the platforms, we may:
- Use your personal information, such as email address or phone number, to determine if you have accounts on both platforms, and link them at your request. When linking accounts, we may share any personal information necessary for you to utilize the services we provide on each platform, as further described in the Privacy Policies.
- Keep your Glassdoor and Fishbowl accounts synchronized where you have linked accounts. We may use your personal information collected or updated on one platform to update your personal information on the other platform and keep it updated.
- Use your personal information supplied to one platform, such as your contact or employment information, to more easily enable account creation on the other platform.
- Where you have verified your verified professional identity on one platform, allow you to utilize it to verify your professional identity on the other platform.
- Allow you to sign into one platform with your account from the other platform. During this process, we may also allow you to create an account on the platform you’re signing into and link both accounts.
- Allow you to create accounts on both platforms at the same time. These accounts may automatically be linked.
Your Privacy Rights
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Note: These FAQs are for informational purposes only and do not form a part of the Notice above or the Privacy Policies referenced herein.
What is the relationship between Glassdoor and Fishbowl?
Glassdoor Inc., owns and operates platforms under the Glassdoor and Fishbowl brands. These include: Glassdoor.com and associated domains; Fishbowlapp.com and associated domains; and Glassdoor and Fishbowl-branded mobile applications for IOS and Android.
Are Glassdoor and Fishbowl accounts one and the same?
No. Each platform currently has a separate account system. Maintaining an account on one platform doesn’t automatically indicate you have an account on the other. However, as described in the Notice above, we may allow you to:
- simultaneously create accounts on both platforms,
- link your existing accounts, and/or
- use one account to log into and/or create an account on the other platform.