Welcome to the HR Tech Privacy Center
We take your personal data seriously
Our core mission is to help people get jobs and help employers find great candidates. We developed this website to help you learn more about our Privacy Values, how your data is shared between these platforms, and why it’s important for us to share it.
Sharing data between the Platforms allows us to:
- Help connect job seekers with more job listings and employers
- Improve and customize services for our users
- Enhance security for our users
You can find out about how we share data between the Platforms below or find answers to some frequently asked questions.
The information provided here doesn’t change how each of the Indeed sites and the Glassdoor sites collects, uses, or shares personal data. The Privacy and Cookie policies for each site clearly explain how we collect and use personal and non-personal data.
Our privacy values
Prioritizing your trust
Whether we’re helping you find jobs or great candidates, we value the trust you place in us. To maintain that trust, we make significant investments to protect your personal data. These efforts are guided by our privacy values:
- We treat all users equally by providing a broad suite of global privacy rights. Any user can request the following:
- access to and portability of their personal data
- rectification or deletion of their personal data
- restriction of or objection to certain processing of their personal data
- We adhere to principles of privacy by design, which informs how we build and operate our services.
- We’re transparent about what personal data we collect and how it’s processed.
- We want to ensure the personal data we gather will be used for the purposes of helping our job seekers find jobs, our employers find great candidates, and improving the services we provide to you.
- We limit our collection and storage of personal data to what’s adequate, relevant, and necessary.
- We strive to keep your personal data accurate and up to date, where appropriate.
- We want to process your personal data using appropriate security measures to protect personal data.
- We demonstrate accountability and responsibility under applicable privacy laws.
The benefits of data sharing
Why do you need my data anyway?
Data sharing not only provides a range of benefits to job seekers and employers, but it also enables us to improve our services.
Data sharing means more employers, more job listings, and more job seekers
Data sharing between the Platforms allows job seekers to access a broader database of job listings and employers. It also helps employers access more job seekers. For example, one platform may be able to recommend jobs or employers on another platform. It can also help applications, resumes, or job listings work across the Platforms. The personal data shared depends on your interaction with the platforms in the course of your job search and application activities.
The Platforms can also share employer data, such as account information and behavioral information, to provide a better experience to those employers.
Data sharing improves our services
Data sharing allows our Platforms to provide personalized and improved content, performance, features, and services.
For example, our Platforms may use and share your previous search or browsing history (e.g. the jobs you click on) and your resume or profile information to determine relevant search results and job alerts. Data sharing may also help provide career insights such as company reviews, job listing salary data, interview tips, and more.
This sharing also helps improve data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement across our Platforms.
Data sharing facilitates better security
Sharing data allows our Platforms to better protect our users. In particular, it allows affiliated Platforms to improve user security and internal operations. It also facilitates troubleshooting and detection, and prevention of fraud and spam.
Platform activity recording
What we do with the data
We process your activity on the Platforms to help us better understand how you use them. This helps us improve and inform the products and services we offer. All of which allows us to help you find jobs.
It’s important to note that our Platforms may not work as intended without certain data collection and sharing. This includes processing, collecting, analyzing, storing, and sharing personal data across the Platforms or with third-party service providers, including in real-time.
Data collected can include any and all interactions and communications you have on our Platforms. It may also include without limitation the areas of the Platforms you visit and where you click, scroll, hover, mouseover, or otherwise interact with our Platforms. It may also include when and for how long each activity occurs.
For more information, please see the Privacy and Cookie policies for each Platform.
We consider this processing to be critical to the way our Platforms operate, and, at this time, without transferring certain data to Indeed’s affiliates, we are not able to provide our core products and services to you. Please, check our FAQ to understand how you can stop this sharing.